We live in an era where we are breathing pollutants and harmful chemicals during everyday activities.
Finding working home remedies for getting rid of rats can be dull if you don’t know your herbs and essential oils right. Well, that’s why we are here.
So, we will give you a home remedy for rats in the house which are maximally effective in redressing a rat infestation without any side effects that won’t cause any harm to you or your family.
Many people have this common question –
whether baking soda kill rats?
Are mice attracted to baking soda?
Read the article carefully and you’ll get all your answers.
1. Baking soda and Sugar
In this method, we use Sugar as bait to lure rats.
1. Mix 1 cup of flour, 1 cup of sugar, and 1 cup of baking soda in a large bowl.
2. Mix the three ingredients properly so that the rat will not be able to detect the baking soda. Rats are smart and will shy away from it if they pick up on the smell of baking soda!
3. Place the dry mixture into the shallow jar lid and make sure it’d in an easy spot for the rat to get to.
How does baking soda kill rats?
The bicarbonate of the baking soda reacts with the rat’s stomach acids to produce a carbon dioxide gas. Rats are unable to pass gas. The gas will build up in the rat system and eventually cause internal blockage or rupture.
So, to answer your question, will baking soda really kill Rats/mice?
Yes. baking soda kills rats/mice.
2. Baking soda and peanut butter
In this method, we use Peanut butter to lure rats instead of Sugar.
1. Simply mix an equal amount of baking soda and peanut butter to form 1-2 inch balls.
2. Place the balls into tight crevices or areas where the rat frequently passes through.
It’s very important to wear disposable gloves anytime you are mixing or molding the poison with your hands. Firstly, the gloves will hide your scent in the poison that you concoct – rats would be tipped off otherwise. secondly, it helps you avoid poisoning yourself.
3. Plaster of Paris
3. Knead the dough with your hands for an even consistency. Make 1-2 inch little dough balls.
4. Place the balls into tight crevices or areas where the rat frequently passes through.
How does the Plaster of Paris works?
If the rat eats the gypsum poison, it will harden inside their stomach. Eventually the death.
Rats are pests that should never be found in your home. Aside from carrying deadly diseases, these vermin can actually bite you and they can also destroy appliances and furniture inside your house. Dealing with them must be done as soon as possible before they can damage your home or you.
FAQ(Frequently Asked Question)
- Does Baking Soda Kill Mice? – YES
- Are mice attracted to baking soda? – No. The peanut butter or sugar mixed with baking soda attracts the mice, not the baking soda
- How does baking soda kill rats? – Read, the above article 🙂
- What does peanut butter do to mice? – Nothing, Rats loves Peanut butter and hence it is used to as bait, or lure rats into the traps.