In this article, we will discuss seven natural ways to keep mice from getting inside your home.
A lot of people resort to mousetraps to get rid of mice. But in this article, we will guide you through seven natural ways to deter mice.
As soon as the cooler weather starts to hit, chances are that every manner of the living creature is trying to find their way into the warm house. Bugs, mice, and rodents of all kinds seek out warmth for survival.
People nowadays are no longer happy with traditional mousetraps as they are considered inhuman by some. But, if you have a common rodent problem, an exterminator and traditional traps are all you can use. But most of the residents everywhere are seeking natural ways to deter mice.
One of the simplest and best ways to prevent mice from staying in your home is by cleaning up after yourself as much as possible, this means getting rid of every possible source of food or crumb that is easily accessible to rodents.
Here are seven all-natural ways to deter mice
7. Tabasco sauce
- Take any standard bottle of Tabasco sauce
- Mix it with hot water and some dish detergent
- Then add it to a spray bottle.
Walk, around all the trouble areas around the foundation of your home and spray the solution. You can also take the hot sauce and add a few drops to any large cracks that you think a critter might try to enter.
This is a great natural way to prevent mice from using the odor in the spice of the sauce.
6. High-end pepper
If you see signs of mice inside your home, droppings scratching sound in the holes of the wall in your cereal boxes,
- Take some bulk cayenne pepper powder and sprinkle it over every surface. You think they might tread continue to do this until the signs subside. You can also take whole peppers and leave them around their nests.
Garlic cloves are actually a great way to deter mice from staying in your home.
- Chop up the garlic
- mix it with water to form a spray
Or you can leave entire cloves of garlic in your trouble areas.
4. Dryer sheets
Not everyone can stand behind this natural deterrent as there isn’t any scientific evidence to back it up however many people swear by this solution. The stronger the scent the better when it comes to dryer sheets
- Just take a single sheet
- Stuff at any or all of the cracks that might be an opening for a mouse
The strong scent is said to be a natural deterrent.
Keep reading as we continue to 7 all-natural ways to keep mice from getting inside
Anyone who has ever cooked with cloves knows that they are very very smelly their natural scent is strong and will ward off rodents
- Place some in some painting hose or a coffee filter and leave sachets of them around the home in trouble areas.
You can purchase peppermint oil online
- Place a few drops inside some cotton swabs and place them anywhere
Mice might be attracted to you need to replace them every few weeks but make sure they are strong enough to keep the mice away.
You can also mix it with water to use as a spray.
Ammonia the substance is extremely pungent and it should be warned that it’s not the most natural smelling or healthy to consume chemical for humans or pets however it’s a powerful deterrent against mice
- Place some in bowls and stick them wherever you think mice might be getting into.
However, this should be a last resort and kept away from animals and children.
This were the Seven Natural ways to get rid of mice. Hope you like the article. If any correction is needed please let us know in the comment section.