Nobody likes Rats. No one wants them into the house. It is very important to understand why are rats attracted to your house!
Rats and mice are warm-blooded animals. They tend to seek a warm place for their shelter. And which better place than a house!! They tend to easily find their food, water, and shelter where humans reside. But they also bring in a lot of contagious diseases which might prove fatal to you and your family. As per research, Rats and mice spread more than 35 different diseases, hantavirus, leptospirosis, lymphocytic choriomeningitis (LCMV), Tularemia, and Salmonella. and the plague.
It’s very important to be cautious all the time so that your home is not a breeding place for them. It’s very unfortunate if you find Rats in your house. But the question is how do they reach in there? Most of the time, though unknowingly, we are the ones who bring rats inside our house, Shocked!!
Well-Read the full article below and find out, are your actions attracting rats in your house?
Here we have listed 4 basic things that attract rats to your home.
- The smell of trash is an attraction to rats.
- They love the smell of trash
- So, we must empty our trash regularly that we don’t give them a nesting ground.
- Also, make sure you pick up all your trash put it inside a trash can, and most importantly keep the lid closed.
2. The Infestation Area/ Surface
- Another thing to consider is cleaning the infestation area/surface.
- Clean it 2-3 times because even after cleaning it once, the smell still persists.
- This smell is an attractant as they have pheromones.
- Because of this smell, other rodents feel it’s much easier to move into that location.
- Make sure there are no urine droplets left and if there was a nest you want to make sure that nest is completely removed and any smell that is incurred there
3. Trees Fruits
- We love our fruit trees and so do the rats so you should make sure that your trees that are dropping their fruit are picked up.
- And make sure those fruits not accessible to those rats because they love the fruit as much as we do.
- Once you’re sure that they’re not eating the fruit that’s on the ground then you have to think and focus on the trunks of the trees because they could still have access to the fruit that’s on your trees.
- So, you can have sheet metal or fencing of some kind or you can put a certain type of paint on the trunk of your tree and that will prevent the rats from getting their food from your fruit tree.
4. Bird seeds
- Sometimes for your love towards birds, you drop some birdseed in your background or birdfeeders. but there’s someone else who loves them, Guess who? Yes, you’re right Rats.
- Rats love birdseed. So, while we’re outside we also want to consider bird feeders because of the birdseed. Therefore, you have to make sure Birdseeds are not accessible to Rats and ensure you’re not leaving a food source outside your home
Being aware of the above-specified factors can save you from a lot of trouble, not just from rats but also from other disease-causing germs.
Inculcating basic hygiene in households can prove to be a savior for reducing the risk of dealing with the turmoil of rats and mice.
So, make sure you follow the above points and keep yourself self.
I hope, you liked the article. Please share your views in the comment section.